richmond va law practice

Firm History

Randolph, Boyd, Cherry and Vaughan had its origins in the 1930s with two brothers-in-law, Beverley H. Randolph, Jr., and H. Armistead Boyd, who were practicing law in Richmond. In the early 1970s, each lawyer established his own firm, though the two men occasionally worked together on cases.

In 1979, Boyd and Boyd merged with Randolph and Cherry, and eight years later, the firm moved into a renovated 1879 home on East Main Street. Today, Randolph, Boyd, Cherry and Vaughan is still located in the historic Dibrell House, though the current firm has since grown to include a fourth partner and two associates.